How We Can Help
If you think you may have noticed changes in your memory or your loved one’s memoryDo Not Panic
- Visit your GP- we know this takes great courage to do.
- Visit or phone The Birches on 042 9351388
- Email the Birches at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Birches will:
- Offer you support
- Give you relevant information
- Advocate on your behalf
Your GP will normally rule out the following:
- Medication side effects
- Thyroid disease
- Vitamin deficiencies
- If required he/she will probably refer you to a Specialist.
Early Diagnosis Of Alxheimer's Is Very Important
- It provides the best opportunities for treatment, services and supports. The sooner you can start treatment, the more likely you are to have a successful response to the medications that are currently available. This will help you maintain a level of independence longer and to lead an active and normal life for years.
- Early diagnosis allows you to take part in decisions about care, transportation, living options, financial and legal matters.
- You can also participate in building the right care team and social support network.
- Care and support services are available locally and they will make it easier for you and your family to live the best life possible with Alzheimer’s.